Grande Sports is the home of the Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy for boys soccer and the Faldo Series Academy for golf.
The Faldo Series Academy provides world-class golf instruction through 6-time Major Champion Sir Nick Faldo’s elite training methods. FSA is Sir Nick’s first United States full-time residential golf Academy for young golfers.
Real Salt Lake – Arizona is United States’ first and only youth soccer residency program affiliated with a professional Major League Soccer team, Real Salt Lake
The Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy teams have been recognized nationally as one of the premier clubs in the US Soccer Development Academy and the U-15/16 team recently competed at 2011 Finals Week, finishing in third place.
The RSL-AZ Academy is developing the next great soccer athletes; with current players making college commitments to UVA, UCLA, University of Dayton, University of Michigan, University of New Mexico and the Air Force Academy. In the coming months, there will be extra college commitments from RSL-AZ players.
The Grande Sports Academy competes in the US Soccer Development Academy as the Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy. These “RSL-AZ” teams have been successful from day one, supporting the mission of Grande Sports Academy and Real Salt Lake. Below are a list of accomplishments from this past year.
- Every senior and one junior were awarded college scholarships.
- Two seniors signed professional contracts with Real Salt Lake.
- Six RSL-AZ Academy players played on the Real Salt Lake Reserve Team during the past year.
- Graduating seniors were accepted into Georgetown, Clemson, Indiana, New Mexico, Denver, Oregon State, and the College of Charleston, the University of Connecticut, Loyola-Marymount, the University of Wisconsin, and San Diego State. A junior who has previously been a member of the US and Canadian national teams received a scholarship from UCLA beginning in the fall of 2012.
- The US Soccer Federation selected two RSL-AZ team members to the Starting XI teams from among the 78 Development Academy teams.
- U-16 team placed third among the 78 Development Academy teams in the national championship tournament, and was undefeated in the play-offs and the national championship tournament.
- U-18 team was among the top 16 teams of the 78 Development Academy teams in its age group.
- The U-16 and U-18 teams were undefeated in three matches each in the Winter Showcase tournament in Phoenix with 78 U.S. Soccer Development Academies participating.
- Both RSL-AZ teams competed in the prestigious 2011 Dallas Cup, and the U-18s were one of only four US teams chosen to compete in the Super Elite Group.
- Eleven RSL-AZ team members previously played on the U.S., Canadian or Mexican Youth National teams.
- Players participated in the Real Salt Lake Pro Combine for the 2011 MLS Superdraft and potential MLS HomeGrown contracts.
- RSL-AZ defeated the New Zealand U-17 National Team in a friendly match at GSW prior to the U-17 World Cup in Mexico, where the New Zealand U-17 team tied the US U-17 National Team 0-0.
- RSL-AZ was runner-up in the 2010 SUM Cup championship consisted of the 16 MLS affiliated academies held at the MLS All Star Game, losing in a penalty shoot-out to DC United.