Grande Sports is the home of the Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy for boys soccer and the Faldo Series Academy for golf.
The Faldo Series Academy provides world-class golf instruction through 6-time Major Champion Sir Nick Faldo’s elite training methods. FSA is Sir Nick’s first United States full-time residential golf Academy for young golfers.
Real Salt Lake – Arizona is United States’ first and only youth soccer residency program affiliated with a professional Major League Soccer team, Real Salt Lake
The Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy teams have been recognized nationally as one of the premier clubs in the US Soccer Development Academy and the U-15/16 team defeated Solar Chelsea 4-2 in the 2012-13 U.S. Soccer Development Academy Championship at the BBVA Compass Stadium, home of the Houston Dynamo in July 2013.
The RSL-AZ Academy is developing the next great soccer athletes; with current players making college commitments to Virginia, Louisville, Washington, Princeton, Marquette, UCLA, University of Dayton, Stanford, University of New Mexico and the Air Force Academy. In the coming months, there will be extra college commitments from RSL-AZ players.
The Grande Sports Academy competes in the US Soccer Development Academy as the Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy. These “RSL-AZ” teams have been successful from day one, supporting the mission of Grande Sports Academy and Real Salt Lake. Below are a list of accomplishments from this past year.
- 2012-13 USSDA U-15/16 National Champions
- 2012-13 USSDA “Style of Play” Award
- Every GSA graduate has been offered a college scholarship or signed a professional contract.
- Over forty-five GSA graduates played college soccer (DI, DII) in 2013 (Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Marquette, Louisville, Elon, New Mexico, UCI, Virginia, Clemson, Air Force, South Carolina, SMU, Denver, Oregon State University, College of Charleston, Louisville, San Diego State University, UCI, Dayton, Grand Canyon University and more)
- Six GSA graduates (Carlos Salcedo, Lalo Fernández, Benji Lopez, Nico Muñiz, Jordan Allen, and Justen Glad) have signed with Real Salt Lake
- One GSA player (Eriq Zavaleta) has signed a professional contract with Seattle Sounders
- One GSA graduate (Maikon Orellana) signed a professional contract with Brøndby IF of the Superliga, Denmark’s top division
- One GSA player (Ben Spencer) has signed a professional contract with Molde FK of the Tippeligan, Norwegian’s top division
- One GSA player (Kainoa Bailey) has signed a professional contract with Bayer 04 Leverkusen of the Bundesliga, Germany’s top division
- One GSA player (Romain Gall) has signed a contract with FC Lorient of the Ligue 1, France’s top division
- 5 RSL-AZ players called up to U.S. Youth National Teams in 2013
- 1 RSL-AZ players called up to Canada Youth National Team in 2013
- 11 RSL-AZ players played for the Real Salt Lake Reserve team in 2013
- 2010-11 U-15/16 USSDA Starting XI (Julio Alarcon)
- 2010-11 U-17/18 USSDA Starting XI (Mikon Orellana)
- 2011-12 U-17/18 West Conference Starting XI (Julio Alarcon, Maikon Orellana, Carlos Salcedo)
- 2011-12 U-17/18 West Conference Player of the Year (Maikon Orellana)
- 2011-12 U-15/16 West Conference Starting XI (Jordan Allen)
- 2011-12 U-15/16 West Conference Player of the Year (Jordan Allen)
- 2011-12 U-15/16 USSDA Academy Player of the Year (Jordan Allen)
- 2011-12 Academy Coach of the Year (Mike Munoz)
- 2012-13 U-17/18 West Conference Starting XI (Jose “Coco” Navarro, Ive Burnett)
- 2012-13 U-15/16 West Conference Starting XI (Justen Glad, Jose Hernandez)
- 2011 NSCAA All-America (Cole Nagy, Maikon Orellana)
- 2012 NSCAA All-America (Jordan Allen, Riggs Lennon, Benji Lopez)
- 2013 NSCAA All-America (Sebastian Saucedo, Justen Glad, Corey Baird)
Academy News & More
Subscribe to Grande Sports News
This is big, this is Grande
Grande Sports Academy Camp Testimonial"Jacob had an amazing time at camp. He is already asking about a multi-week camp in the summer as well as the same in December camp next year. You will certainly see us again in the near future. Everything was top notch! Thanks for everything, Pete"